The H Class Nationals are rapidly approaching. We have 29 boats registered for senior racing and 4 for junior racing! I am expecting more will sign up.
Here are a few items to remember:
- •Racers who are sailing from Buzzards or Beverly Yacht Clubs should call ahead on VHF channel 9 as they near Quissett Harbor, to contact Mike Garfield or Chuck First. If you have trouble reaching them on VHF 9 call them on their cell phones: Mike’s number is 609-370-0163, and Chuck’s is 617-462-7658. We will have power boats standing by outside the harbor to escort you to your moorings, which will be marked with balloons.
- •Junior Racers: Please remember to have a parent or legal guardian sign off on a waiver form prior to racing: go to Regatta Network to download a form. We look forward to seeing you at the cookout on Friday night, which is in your honor.
- •Parking: We will have QYC volunteers showing you where to park your cars. Those new to the area can google 71 Quissett Harbor Road to find the yacht club.
- •Food/drink: Lunches will be in double bagged ZIPLOCS. Those of you who want to keep food cold may want to bring along insulated bags and cold packs.
- •Friday night cookout, and Saturday night dinner: Please remember to sign up by July 22nd. It should be a lot of fun and we look forward to seeing many friends there.
- •Mementos and trophies: I know many of you will cross the finish line on Sunday and head directly for home. I will deliver your trophies or mementos to you during the following week.
Looking forward to a great time!