2016 H Class Championship Regatta Regatta preparations are well underway for the QYC to host the H Class Championship Regatta, on July 29, 30 and 31. Many QYC individuals have been involved for some time, and I want to recognize their efforts and ask for more help in certain areas. Please look over the organization to date, and consider lending a hand in the areas that are flagged ***, below:
Carol Suitor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Water based activities
- RC: Ted Burt and Doug Jones; crew to be named
- Judges: Pete and Marshall Lawson
- Moorings: Quissett Harbor Boatyard
- Power boat on stand by: Mark Gordon
- Photography: Emily Ferguson and Beth Armstrong
- ***On the water greeting and escort: volunteers needed
- **Launch Service and Crash boats: Mike Garfield Jr., and others needed
Shore based activites
- Registration using regattanetwork: Kathy Cooper
- Liability Forms: C. Suitor, B. Gindra and D. Rodin
- Tent and accessories set up: Kate Davis
- Food and Beverages: Sue Conlin and MC Garfield
- Decorations: Brenda Scannell Housing: Ali Rodin
- Merchandise (Team One): to be named
- Trophies and Mementos: Sarah Meigs
- AV for racing highlights, Saturday night: Hilary Davis
- ***Parking, traffic management: volunteers needed
- ***Harbor House grounds shifts: many needed, see below
We intend to have QYC people on the Harbor House grounds in four-hour shifts from Thursday afternoon through Sunday noon to help manage the on going events. In the past, this has been a problem not only at Quissett but at other yacht clubs as well when late arrivals have no idea where to park, how to get a ride out to a boat, who to contact in case of an emergency, etc. Lots of volunteers needed here for the land-based shifts! Please contact me to help out!
- Parents, grandparents, and relatives! Get your family to come back and race! We particularly want to encourage our younger sailors to get involved and we hope to see many of the rising stars of Quissett out there!
- We already have one Doughdish loaner available for an out of town sailor. Please contact me if you know of a qualified person wanting to race.
As you can see, the planning has been launched. Thanks to all of you who have already put in many hours to make this a successful event! This is the signature racing event for our yacht club this summer.
QYC Regatta Chair